Power Pivot Critical failures - Measures

Copper Contributor

Someone please help as I have just gone into the Excel 2016 power pivot from 2013 and this update is absolute TRASH. 

Why can't I add Measures and Why do I lose tables of data added into the data model? 

MS Team/Excel team - Please update the Power Pivot engine as I don't have this issue with PowerBI!

Here are the many errors I get: 

============================
Error Message:

The operation was canceled.
----------------------------
The operation cannot be performed because another operation is in progress. Please wait for the other operation to complete and try again.

Call Stack:

----------------------------
at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.BackEnd.TransactionGate.StartTransaction(SandboxTransaction activeTransaction, TransactionCancellability cancellability)
at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.BackEnd.SandboxTransaction.StartTransaction()
at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.BackEnd.SandboxTransaction..ctor(DataModelingSandbox inputSandbox, SandboxTransactionProperties properties)
at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.BackEnd.SandboxTransactionAmo..ctor(DataModelingSandboxAmo inputSandbox, SandboxTransactionProperties properties)
at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.BackEnd.SandboxTransaction.CreateInstance(DataModelingSandbox sandbox, SandboxTransactionProperties properties)
at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.BackEnd.DataModelingSandbox.CreateTransaction(SandboxTransactionProperties properties)
at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Common.MeasureViewModelSandboxAdapter.CreateMeasure(String name, String formula)
at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Common.MeasureViewModel.MeasureViewModelEditNodeAction.Do(IViewModelActionInstance actionInstance)

THanks,

1 Reply
Hello, kindly make the question clear. Didn't try what you mean by you've gone into 2016 Power Pivot from 2013.. That's not clear.. We need to know exactly which version of Excel you have issue with..

Another one that is not clear is, "I can't add measures and Why do I lose tables of data added into the data model?"

Is it that you're unable to create Measures in the Measure Grip of Power Pivot or from PowerPivot PivotTable field by right-click and select Add Measure?

When you add data formatted in Excel Table into the Add Model, definitely, the added data will be visible in the Power Pivot