Power Pivot - Created Measures/Existing Measures

Copper Contributor

Hi All,

I am new to the power pivot concept. I have query regarding Power pivot measure. I have few excels in which I have many pivot tables in each tab. they are around 6 in each tab. for some pivot table I am filtering data by YTD and some pivot by rolling back 6month and rolling back 12month.

I tried to create measure for these criteria in power pivot since earlier i have to select criteria manually each month for all this pivots. the measure created can only be applied to new pivots not existing one's.

It will take a lot time to create new pivots by replicating old ones.

Is any one is having solution for these as it will save lot of time in days if we are able to apply the  measure in power pivot to existing normal pivots tables in excel.

1 Reply

@Mrunal_M , @Sergei Baklan 

That depends on if you're using classic PIVOT TABLES or using DATA MODEL based PIVOT TABLES.  Mr Sergei Baklan is the expert at this.  You'll have to share your dataset/Workbook for this complex question, and although you might creating explicit measures, in DAX FUNCTIONS has built in implicit processes that exist depending on which functions you are using in your explicit measure.

Cheers