Power Pivot continuous error code

Copper Contributor

I added the Power Pivot add-in. However, when trying to use it an error appears that then won't go unless I close the Excel window but then when I reopen it the same thing happens again.

I have tried to remove and re-add 3 times now as well as restarting my laptop. I also tried to open the live chat inside Excel however, when I got a response I was unable to respond in the text box and in the end just had to end the chat. Power pivot error.jpg

7 Replies

@brookemorgan17 

On which version of Excel you are?

@Sergei Baklan 

Version 2009

@brookemorgan17 

You mean version from here?

image.png

If that's Office 365, for which subscription (Home, Enterprise, etc) ?

@Sergei Baklan 

Yes, the version from there and also yes to Microsoft 365 and for subscription Personal.

@brookemorgan17 

Power Pivot shall be in all desktop versions for Microsoft 365, you may check here  Where is Power Pivot? 

Starting from Excel 2016 Power Pivot is built into the Excel, you shall not install add-in separately. To activate it go to File->Options->Add-Ins->COM Add-ins (from drop down menu at very bottom of the screen) and here select one you need

image.png

@Sergei Baklan 

Thank you for your help although this is what I have already done, I tried removing and adding it back again and again that did nothing. 

Do you have any other suggestions for me to try?

@brookemorgan17 

No other suggestion but to do full repair of the Office, most probably with full uninstall as here https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/repair-an-office-application-7821d4b6-7c1d-4205-aa0e-a6b4... , plus be sure Power Pivot is available for your license.