Power Pivot connections lost in Sharepoint file

Copper Contributor

I created an Excel file in SharePoint (linked to a Team) with multiple tables and added these tables to a Power Pivot data model within the same file. The model was updating as expected while working from my office computer and logged into our network. Now working from home when I open the file in the desktop app the tables in Power Pivot are no longer connected to the Excel tables ("No connections found"). Why were the connections lost?

I think the only way to reconnect the tables is to delete the existing tables in the data model and add the Excel tables to the data model again.

It seems I will not be able to keep the file in SharePoint, which is a problem since I have a user in a remote location who needs access to the file to update the data table. 

Our company's SharePoint is in the cloud, not on a local server. I have two factor authentication turned on for my Office 365 account. Any ideas whether it is possible to set up the connection in a way that it isn't lost when opening the file? Is using Power Pivot in SharePoint not recommended? 

0 Replies