Powe Pivot - Header totals for P&L

Copper Contributor

I'm doing a simple P&L.  I can't get my group totals to show.  Specifically "Gross Profit" or "Net Operating Income".  I've built this model before in BI, but it isn't working in Power Pivot.  I've dumbed down the model to 3 simple tables with just a few rows to try to get it to work..   I have a Chart of Accounts, A Report Heading and an Amounts table.  If I only show Headers - Income/COGS/GP, etc...subtotals and formulas work fine.  But, I I add Account names - my subtotals go away.  

I've got a sumamt calc, a subtotal calc and then a "switch" as to which to show.

Help, please!

5 Replies

@twilbour 

More exactly, do you mean these one are not shown?

image.png

@Sergei Baklan  Yes.  I can't get Gross Profit,  Operating Income, Net Income to show, when I add the "Name" (sub category) column.  I'm also not seeing the totals for Income and Expense, but the category labels are there at least.

twilbour_0-1624930519825.png

@twilbour 

Without "Name" it's exactly the same, that something is wrong in model logic

image.png

The measure I want to use is the PL Actual. The other two columns are just for illustration to work out the PL Actual. If you look at my pivot table in my reply above where I use "name". I do not show the Gross Profit or OI categories at all - and there are no totals. Your example (version) has them, but not mine. They don't show up in mine. How did you get them to appear?
I suspect you used the "Show subtotal" function within the Pivot - and "top of row" but that doesn't work for mine, because I have columns that I will add to further segment the totals, and this results in subtotals for those columns that I don't want.