Pop Up Note

Copper Contributor

I have a spreadsheet that has a Product Owner (Name) in column B - with project status and information that is discussed with the team in column W.  

I would like to know if there is a way that when I hover over the cell in column W that I will get a pop-up note displaying the name contained in column B.  

I know I can freeze panes, but we do a lot of scrolling both up and down, side to side, during our review.  I would just like to be able to call out the owners name when we co

1 Reply

@3inproverbs 

Hi

Yes you can display a message that pops up upon hovering over a cell and displays a value from another cell.

Here are the steps for doing it:

Creating a dynamic Message that grabs value from a cell

Say I want to create an information message in Cell A12 that grabs the result of a payment function in cell B7. If the Price (in cell B2) or the down payment (in cell B3) change the PMT function updates and my information message in cell A12 updates as well.

Part A: Where to write the code?

1. Right Click on the Sheet Tab >> Select “View Code’
  2. At the top of the visual Basic Editor there are 2 Drop Lists; From The left one >> Select Worksheet, from the Right one >> select Change.
  3. Remove the Selection Change Sub and keep the Worksheet_Change Sub

Part B: Copy and Paste the code between the 2 lines: Private Sub & End Sub

Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)

If Target.Address = Range(“B2”).Address Or Target.Address = Range(“B3”).Address Then

On Error Resume Next

With Range(“A12”).Validation

.Add Type:=xlValidateInputOnly

.InputMessage = Range(“B7”).Value

End With

End If

End Sub

I explained it in full details in Blog article on "Comments", Here is a link for your reference

https://www.see-how.ca/have-fun-with-comments/

Hope that Helps

Nabil Mourad