PLEASE VOTE!!! for Additional function for formatting cells. Adjust cell size to text length

Gold Contributor

Your vote counts!!!

Adjust cell size to text length

Additional function for formatting cells.

https://excel.uservoice.com/forums/304921-excel-for-windows-desktop-application/suggestions/41191999...

Additional function for formatting cells.
Adjust cell size to text length.
At the moment there is in the menu of cell format, alignment, among other things the possibility to adjust the text size on the cell. In addition to this function, it would be very helpful if there was a box to click on where the cell would be adapted to the font size.

If you like the idea, please click on the link and vote!

3 Replies
Excel already does this usually. Try changing the font size of a cell, you should see the rowheight adjust itself.
Hello, thank you in advance for the feedback.
The translation has played its game, it's actually about adjusting the cells depending on the length of the text. I changed it, I hope I got the translation right now. Indirectly it is already feasible, but not every cell selected by the user is automatically adjusted. Especially if you have worksheets that also act indirectly as forms, it would be advantageous to do this with a tick. Also think in some worksheets where enough text has to be included, it would also be an advantage.
In my opinion, it would be advantageous if it were present with the other options in the cell formatting.

I wish you a pleasant day
The same command already exists in the Format menu, but not in the Cell Formatting, where you can use the other formatting options to have these available without clicking back and forth between the various commands. In one menu all cell formats. It is not a rediscovery of the wheel, it is a convenient setting of the command :)