PLEASE HELP>>> Extract data from a single cell on a separate sheet using drop down

Copper Contributor

Hi All,

I'm an Excel beginner and need some help figuring out how to extract data from another sheet based on a drop down menu. I'm sure its fairly straightforward but I cant figure it out.

The situation is that; I have a drop down menu and I want Excel to auto populate from specific cells on another sheet based on the what is selected from the options on the drop down. It doesn't have to be have a range, literally just the data (Date in this case).

Please help...!!!

Kind regards,

5 Replies

@Dashdotdash Can you attach your workbook, removing any sensitive data, to make it easier to understand your current format

@adversi Thanks for getting back to me.

I have removed all the data but what heres what I am trying to to:

Cell B5 has a drop down and when I select one of the options I would like it to populate Column B with the date on sheet 2 that corresponds with the dropdown selection.

E.g.

Cell B5 = Entrances

I would like Cell E5 to populate with 28th December from Sheet 2.

Does that make sense?

@Dashdotdash Here's how the VLOOKUP works, this assumes that the Space column in Sheet2 is where the Column A reference would match

Thanks so much, I was close, my syntax skills are still not up to scratch and just couldn't get it to work.

have a great day.

@Dashdotdash 

Video: Create and manage drop-down lists - Excel - Microsoft

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/video-create-and-manage-drop-down-lists-28db87b6-725f-49d...

As you have already been recommended, please insert an Excel file / workbook / worksheet (without sensitive data). In this way you can come up with a proposed solution much faster and more precisely. This also helps everyone who wants to help.

Hope I could help you at least a little.

I would be happy to know if I could help.

I wish you continued success with Excel

Nikolino

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)