SOLVED

Pivot Timeline - calendar weeks

Copper Contributor

Hello,

Is it possible to change the default intervals on the pivot Timeline?  Our company operates many KPIs on a weekly basis, and it would be great if calendar weeks could be a setting in the Timeline.

Thanks!

3 Replies
best response confirmed by nklueber (Copper Contributor)
Solution

hi @nklueber,

best to my knowledge there no weeks timeline slicer, what I can suggest you to make helper column and generate week number and drag that column as slicer in your pivot table.

below formula to construct year with week number

=YEAR(A2)&"-"&TEXT(WEEKNUM(A2,2),"00")

2020-05-15_22-37-15.png

Regards, Faraz Shaikh | MCT, MIE, MOS Master, Excel Expert

If you find the above solution resolved your query don't forget mark as Official Answer to help the other members find it more

@Faraz Shaikh 

Thanks for the feedback, Faraz.  I'll use the helper column approach.

Some sort of integration into the Timeline slicer would be great for future releases.  The use of the slider bar makes it convenient and space friendly (keeps the Dashboard clean!).

Thanks again.

The helper column works, but it requires selecting and unselecting many items depending on how large the timeline is. I'd suggest a value-based help column, so you can filter using "greater than" or "between":
=VALUE(YEAR(A2)&TEXT(WEEKNUM(A2,2),"00")
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by nklueber (Copper Contributor)
Solution

hi @nklueber,

best to my knowledge there no weeks timeline slicer, what I can suggest you to make helper column and generate week number and drag that column as slicer in your pivot table.

below formula to construct year with week number

=YEAR(A2)&"-"&TEXT(WEEKNUM(A2,2),"00")

2020-05-15_22-37-15.png

Regards, Faraz Shaikh | MCT, MIE, MOS Master, Excel Expert

If you find the above solution resolved your query don't forget mark as Official Answer to help the other members find it more

View solution in original post