Pivot tables connected

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I created two pivot tables in different worksheets of a same workbook, but I am facing some problems when I try to group or ungroup only one of them. Because both tables have time as lines, whenever I try to group the days into months in one pivot table, the other one gets automatically grouped, which is a problem for the graphing results I am showing.

How can I have the freedom of grouping and ungrouping one pivot table without altering the other one?

Thank you

5 Replies

@GbiKripka28 you might such issue if you have copy pasted a Pivot table. Try creating two separate Pivots from original data. I just tested with your scenario and it works perfectly for me. If you still face the issue, please share the file here.
Note: I am using office 2016

@bhushanzthank you for your help

Unfortunalely I created the two pivot tables separatedly and still it does not work. I will attach the file.

Thank you

@GbiKripka28 , you created your Pivot Tables without adding data to data model.

image.png

In such case you need to separate Pivot Table caches. More details is here https://trumpexcel.com/pivot-cache-excel/ and in many other places. IMHO, with that better to create every new Pivot Table with old wizard Alt+D+P.

Even more better if you add data to data model, when caches will be separated automatically. Plus data model potentially gives you much possibilities to work with data.

Both variants are in the attached file.

@Sergei Baklanthank you! Now it worked perfectly

@GbiKripka28 , you are welcome