Pivot table

Copper Contributor
Hello. I have created a pivot table using data in another excel sheet. The original data sheet contains text cells with long text. In the pivot table, only part of the text is displayed in the each cell, the rest of the text can be seen when hoovering over it with a mouse. But it is not visible at the cell itself. Have you encountered this issue? Any idea how to solve it?
4 Replies

@AndreaJu 

Did you apply Wrap text to the column with text?

@Sergei - Wrap text on or off, does not make any difference. The cell still shows only part of the original text. It looks as if there is a setting that limits the number of characters in a cell....

@AndreaJu 

Cell stores up to 32767 characters, but PivotTable truncates it to 256 characters which are shown, see for example https://excelribbon.tips.net/T011784_Text_Truncated_in_PivotTable.html

However, I checked on my Excel with simple test, it shows more, here is about 1000 characters. Never had practical experience with so long texts in Pivot Table before. 

image.png

@Sergei Baklan - you may be onto something here. My cells have up to 2 000 characters and only the initial couple hundred get shown. Is there any way to get past those 256 characters and increase it to 2000?