SOLVED

Pivot Table with multiple date columns (Power Query?)

Copper Contributor

Hi Everyone,

I hope you are all well. It's my first post here, so apologies in case I have missed anything.

I have attached my xls Example below. I have a number of IDs (departments) on the rows, and order dates and quantities on the columns. I know this setup isn't ideal for pivot tables, but this is the data source I am forced to use.

I'd like to understand how to have an easy way of reading this data source with power pivot or power query. The ultimate goal is to have a pivot table that clearly shows the order quantities, split by date, for each department (ID). I have seen a similar post (here: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/excel/pivot-table-with-multiple-date-columns/m-p/1634183) where power query was used to resolve this issue, but in my case it doesn't seem to work when I unpivot columns... I still seem to have the same readability issue... Any chance you could kindly help me resolve this?

In this example, for instance, I'd like to clearly see in a pivot table that Department C has ordered:

- 2 units on 23/12/2020;

- 2 units on 24/12/2020;

- 2 units on 29/12/2020;

- 1 unit on 30/12/2020;

Thanks for any help or feedback. Much appreciated!

Best regards,

Luca

4 Replies

@Riny_van_Eekelen perhaps can help? I saw you helped on the other post I mentioned above.

Thanks so much,

Luca

best response confirmed by Luca_Morrone91 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Luca_Morrone91 See attached!

@Riny_van_Eekelen  Thanks so much Riny! It works great :)

@Luca_Morrone91 Great! Glad I could help.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Luca_Morrone91 (Copper Contributor)
Solution