SOLVED

Pivot Table Values

Copper Contributor
Hello. New to working with Pivot Tables and running into an issue when trying to add two different fields from my source data to the values section.
I am creating a report to highlight the number of projects each month that are added to and completed for my teams project queue. Both columns in the source data are dates (mm/dd/yyyy). One column is Added On and the other is Completed On. When I drag both fields into the values section of the pivot table, I set both as “count of” by month, and it returns the same value for both columns. So if I added 5 projects in March and 3 projects in April, the pivot table shows me that I completed 5 projects in March and 3 in April. If I do two separate pivot tables, I can get distinct counts for each month, but I ideally would like them in a single pivot table.

Not sure if this is relevant, but some of the fields in the Completed On column are text and marked as “Not Completed”. When I do the two separate charts I can filter off the “Not Completed” items and get a count of the projects that are complete.

Hope this question makes sense. Thanks.
2 Replies
Can you upload a workbook which contains both a sample of your data and a sample of the expected output? Please make sure no sensitive data is included!
best response confirmed by allyreckerman (Microsoft)
Solution
Hi Jan. Thank you for the offer to help. I actually kept googling last night and found an answer. I needed to change the field options from Count to Count Numbers. Once I did that for both values it solved the issue.
Thanks again. I appreciate the reply.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by allyreckerman (Microsoft)
Solution
Hi Jan. Thank you for the offer to help. I actually kept googling last night and found an answer. I needed to change the field options from Count to Count Numbers. Once I did that for both values it solved the issue.
Thanks again. I appreciate the reply.

View solution in original post