Pivot Table Conditional Formatting

Copper Contributor

I am trying to turn cells in the pivot table green if a cell in the data source is populated. How do I do this? I'm not sure what formula to use.

I have a pivot table to keep track of invoices and want to turn the cell green when a Paid Date is entered on the original data sheet.

3 Replies

@TSaul 

A pivot table summarizes data, so a cell in a pivot table is usually the result of multiple cells in the source data. So it's not clear to me how we would decide when to color a cell in the pivot table.

@Hans Vogelaar 

The way that I have it setup is to give a value (1) when the invoice has been submitted for payment, meaning one invoice for that month. Once the invoice has been paid, I go back and enter the date on the original spreadsheet. I wanted to see if there is a way, once I refresh the pivot table, to turn the line for that invoice green if a paid date has been entered.

TSaul_0-1653853935426.png

@TSaul 

Could you attach a sample workbook (without sensitive data), or if that is not possible, make it available through OneDrive, Google Drive, Dropbox or similar? Thanks in advance.