SOLVED

PIVOT Diagram help!

Copper Contributor
Hello dear community,
I made a diagram with Pivot which looks good but the Date tab should be sorted as a whole and not sorted separately for every order! I know if I have exchanged date and order it is sorted but unfortunately very confusing!
I would like to have it as in the picture but that is the date where it should and then the order has to be placed 2 or 3 times.
help.PNG
thanks in advance
5 Replies

@Felix285 I suspect that you have Order first and then Date as the row labels in the pivot table. Switch them around. Date first, then Order. That should swap the X-axis on the Pivot Chart as well.

Screenshot 2020-07-09 at 12.56.00.png

@Riny_van_Eekelen 

I have already tried this but then the diagram is very confusing because it shows 6 times up and down orders and the date completely overlaps so that you have a very confusing diagram.
Unbenannt.PNG
Thank you for your answer

@Felix285 can you share a sample of your data, without revealing any confidential information. so much easier to work with some data than looking at a picture.

@Riny_van_Eekelen here is the test file, I hope you know what I mean. And thank you for your commitment!

best response confirmed by Felix285 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Felix285 Perhaps the attached file holds an acceptable solution (see Sheet1). I added a column for a text representation of the date (DateTxt), wrapping the "too long" date onto three lines. Then sorted the data table by date and created the PivotChart via PowerPivot, using the DateTxt field.

Screenshot 2020-07-13 at 10.51.24.png

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Felix285 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Felix285 Perhaps the attached file holds an acceptable solution (see Sheet1). I added a column for a text representation of the date (DateTxt), wrapping the "too long" date onto three lines. Then sorted the data table by date and created the PivotChart via PowerPivot, using the DateTxt field.

Screenshot 2020-07-13 at 10.51.24.png

View solution in original post