SOLVED

Pivot Chart Novice

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I am struggle and my brain isn't processing what I'm doing wrong. I'm working on making a "dashboard" to visual a series of reports that have been accepted, returned or not received.

So the breakdown is X amount of "ORG's" that is rolled up into a senior org. I would like to be able to sort by both ORG and Accepted, returned and not received. I've attached an excel sheet with a sample of the daya I'm working with. 

4 Replies
best response confirmed by zackwilson11 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@zackwilson11 You need to "flatten" (a.k.a. unpivot) the data table first and filter out the unwanted status types. Then create a pivot table on that transformed table. See picture.

I used PowerQuery to create the green table!

File attached.

Screenshot 2022-11-02 at 06.17.21.png

@Riny_van_EekelenGreat! One more follow up, my ultimate goal is to use a pie chart for a visual. Is there a way to have to Chart update for all 6 "orgs"? Right now, its not matching the data, or should I just create a new chart?

@zackwilson11 Not sure what you mean, but I added a slicer for the Org number, and moved the chart on top of the pivot table. Looked better, I thought.

Thank you! I'll make that work.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by zackwilson11 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@zackwilson11 You need to "flatten" (a.k.a. unpivot) the data table first and filter out the unwanted status types. Then create a pivot table on that transformed table. See picture.

I used PowerQuery to create the green table!

File attached.

Screenshot 2022-11-02 at 06.17.21.png

View solution in original post