PHStat Troubleshooting

Copper Contributor

I have used PHStat within excel all semester and only these last two weeks have problems arisen.

My professor linked a sheet inside one of our quizzes. I open the sheet, but whenever I try to conduct a simple linear regression I receive the pop up:

"A cell range is not from the active sheet. Many procedures require that every cell range be located on the active sheet. Continue with procedure?"

If I select no, it cancels the action. When I select yes, it prompts me with another pop up:

"A cell range is not from the active sheet. Many procedures require that every cell range be located on the active sheet. Continue with procedure?"

I select yes:

"Problem encountered when creating a copy of the regression data. Correct errors and rerun procedure." The sheet then reverts to the original table. I have tried deleting and installing PHStat again. 

Microsoft Excel for Mac version: 16.55

device version: macOS Monterey 12.0.1

6 Replies
I have the same problem (only when performing regression) and I only encountered this in the past 4 months. I hope someone provides a clear solution here.

@dumkirk 

Not sure if you're still facing this issue but I was having the same trouble running regression as well. Managed to fix it by downloading Rosetta on my Mac!

- Open Launchpad > (search) Terminal > (Type in) /usr/sbin/softwareupdate --install-rosetta --agree-to-license > run the program

- Now open Finder > Applications > (locate and click on the EXCEL icon) > (in the menu bar) Select File > Get Info > (in the dialogue box that pops up) check Open Using Rosetta > Close the dialogue box

- Restart your Excel app by quitting and relaunching the app

You should be able to run the regression test using PHStat now. 

@shipeii 

Thank you for taking the time to share this solution!

Unfortunately, I cannot tell you whether this would work for my mac or not.

I changed my major after this issue and have not used Excel since. 

Hello! No problem :) Might be useful for anyone else who is facing the same issue and comes across this post. 

All the best to you!

Many many many thanks!!!! Your solution saved me!!!!! :hearteyes:!!!!

@shipeii This works! Saved my life on my homework, thank you