PERSONAL.XLSB

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I have a macro enabled excel workbook, in it one sheet contains name & phone numbers of my suppliers. i have put this sheet as hidden & using a custom made form i am getting phone numbers of the required person. I have provided; add, edit & delete options too in the code. (this iam using as my phone book)

What i intend now is to get this phone book in any excel file which is open at that time. I have copied the code & the form to the PERSONAL.XLSB file. But i think the work sheet that contains the phone number details can not be manageable (that sheet i have copied to the xlsb file) in xlsb file. pls advice how it can be made workable? if no direct way, any tricky way/code available?

Thanks,

Hariprasadhari

4 Replies
You should save the xlsb file as an Excel Add-in (xlam).

See https://trumpexcel.com/excel-add-in/
Dear Doug Robbins,

Many thanks for your quick response.
But still it is not working, see below my followed steps
Saved my macro-enabled workbook (.xlsm) to .xlam file as you suggested.
By default it saved to my ‘…\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\AddIns’ folder
Then i went to the developer tab, checked the add-in (the same file saved now)
The macros is there, but can’t run. Getting error as below. The reason I believe is, the data saved in the worksheet is not visible in xlam file & the custom form can’t fetch the data from it. Pls advice if i missed anything.

Run-time error '380'
Could not set the RowSource property. Invalid property value

Thanks,
Hariprasadhari.
If you send a copy of the xlam file to me at dougrobbinsmvp[atsymbol]gmail[dot]com so that I can see exactly what you have, I will see if I can sort it out for you.
Dear Doug Robbins,

Thanks for your quick response again.
I have shared the sample file to you now, kindly check & advice.

Thanks,
Hariprasadhari.