Permit/Deny access to certain tabs within a shared workbook

Copper Contributor

Hi All,

I was wondering if it's possible to permit/deny user access to particular tabs within a specific workbook. For example, let's say I have a Master budget workbook, and it contains tabs for each respective department's budget in the company. Is it possible that an individual can open that Master workbook, and only view and edit the department budget that applies to them? In this example, I would only want them to be able view and make edits to tab "A", whereas tabs "B, C, D, and E", would not would be visible nor editable to them. The visibility here is key, and I know you can protect tabs, but I'm specifically looking for a way to permit/deny access levels to tabs within a certain workbook. Note that the workbook would not be encrypted, and thus everyone could still open it - the visibility and/or editability would just vary by user/person within the company.

If anyone knows whether or not this a feature that Excel has, please let me know :)

Thanks in advance,

Mike

1 Reply
If anyone knows whether or not this a feature that Excel has, please let me know

as far as i know,no this feathure that Excel has。
but you can save data in a web page,then get data> from web
to realize this some how。