Performance issues : Excel 2016 64 bit with Windows 7 Vs. 10

Copper Contributor

Hello Team,

We are facing some performance issues with Windows 10 with Excel 2016 64 bit.

Our testers observed that the calculation in the excel application is taking much time when compared with Windows 10 vs. Windows 7 with same Excel Version and Application.

Here are the results : 

Windows 7 & Excel 2016-64bit

=====================

Scenario # 1-General - 21 seconds
Scenario # 2-(With Calculation) - 156 seconds
Scenario # 3-(Without Calculation)- 32 seconds

Same Scenarios on Windows 10 taking much time.

Windows 10 & Excel 2016-64bit

=======================

Scenario # 1-General - 36 seconds

Scenario # 2-(With Calculation) - 342 secs

Scenario # 3-(Without Calculation) - 64 secs

Please suggest what might be the problem fix we need to apply for reducing the time.

Thanks

Madhu

6 Replies

Prcesiely what are these scenarios? And precisely what is taking this amount of time? A recalculation, opening a file, running a macro, something else?

@Jan Karel Pieterse 

specifically its related to running macros.

And this Macros consists of filling of cell values from another referenced cells 

It is not unusual for code to take longer when run on a different operating system. We might be able to help you optimize the running time if you share the code.

Unfortunately, we cannot share the code as per the client. Please provide any other alternatives if available.

Impossible without seeing any code I'm afraid.

@Jan Karel Pieterse I have an Excel work book that polls data from a Modbus server (via MBAXP active x) The newer versions of Excel v1905 are running slower and slower.  Running a simple do while loop runs a minimum 5 times longer on the version 2012 (Build 13530.20376).  

Worse yet, the new version cannot run my application.  I had to revert back to Version1902!  If you want my application Ill send it.  It is totally screwing up our business as every Windows10 unit I purchase for a customer I am required to downgrade to version 1902 or earlier!

Thanks

Bob Benz