Paste in the Filter search field does not work

Copper Contributor

Guys, for some reason my paste does not work on my filters in Excel on my work pc - it simply does not even respond. Otherwise in any other field it works. I have no issues with this on my Mac Excel version which in this case is just truly perplexing. Any ideas? Thank you

8 Replies
Is this in any workbook which has a filter? What happens if you first open Excel in safe mode (press and hold the control key immediately after launching Excel from its icon or in the Start menu)

@luka23 

If that is for some concrete file try to rebuild it.

If that is for any file try to repair the Office.

If that is on other PC:s at your work with the same build, perhaps some bug for concrete build, but I don't remember it was such.

@Sergei Baklan Thanks Sergei for your response. Unfortunately this happens even in safe mode (opened it up via Ctrl+Excel) and normal mode with new or existing data. Others in my organization do not have this issue and I already checked for updates on Excel and it stated that all is up to date. I guess I will need to reinstall.. it is just strange that everything else works fine, just this one feature until now that is as I am still nw in this org.

@Jan Karel Pieterse Thank you Jan. Safe mode does not seem to fix the issue. It happens on spreadsheets that I download and set a filter on or new ones where I just create bogus data to see if the issue persists and it does..

This may be a user profile corruption. Does it work if you logon on a different machine?
Please send feedback about this from inside Excel. Click the feedback button and mention this post.

@Jan Karel Pieterse Hi Jan. I will submit this to Microsoft over feedback. This is my only Windows machine currently at home so I have no way of testing it out. Everyone else at work does not have the issue.

At home you could try to add a new user to see if it works when you logon as that user.