SOLVED

Partial sorting

Iron Contributor

Hello. I have a long table, i want to sort by date BUT i don't want to sort the whole column, only rows 22 to 480.

Is there any way to do this?

8 Replies
Sort by what? Numeric, alphabetical, ascending, descending?
It is always good to include a worksheet (without sensitive data). This can help you better because we can also help better.

Thx
Nikolino
I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

@NikolinoDE 

Right now is just by date, but it could be by some other reason. Lets say I want to sort from row 3 to row 10 in this table, and leave the other rows in the same location.

7/17/20
2/19/20
3/30/20
7/13/20
7/17/20
6/22/20
2/12/20
3/9/20
7/22/20
Maybe this will help you quickly
manual for
Sort data in a range or table
https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/office/sort-data-in-a-range-or-table-62d0b95d-2a90-4610-a6ae-2e5...

If you find this helpful, please mark it as "Best Answer" and as Like (click thumbs up), it will be beneficial to more Community members reading here.

Nikolino
Sort dates or times

Select a cell in the column you want to sort.

On the Data tab, in the Sort & Filter group, do one of the following:

To sort from an earlier to a later date or time, click A to Z command in Excel that sorts A to Z or smallest number to largest (Sort Oldest to Newest).

To sort from a later to an earlier date or time, click Z to A command in Excel that sorts Z to A or largest number to smallest (Sort Newest to Oldest).

You will find all the information about sorting in the address I sent you :)

If you find this helpful, please mark it as "Best Answer" and as Like (click thumbs up), it will be beneficial to more Community members reading here.

Nikolino

@NikolinoDE 

Its useful but the guide says it does not work with tables, and this is a table im working with so I need a workaround.

best response confirmed by Ocasio27 (Iron Contributor)
Solution

Here is a small example worksheet with your own date.

Nikolino

Use the Sort command
Go on dates
and then sort and filter
Click on Advanced
Popup menu opens special filters
Now you can set the criteria as required.
I was happy to help you. At your service Nikolino I know I don't know anything (Socrates)
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Ocasio27 (Iron Contributor)
Solution

Here is a small example worksheet with your own date.

Nikolino

View solution in original post