Copilot for Microsoft 365 Tech Accelerator
Feb 28 2024 07:00 AM - Feb 29 2024 11:00 AM (PST)
Microsoft Tech Community
SOLVED

Part of Line in Line Graph Difference Width

Copper Contributor

A portion of a line in my line graph is not the same width as the others. When adjusting it, it says it is 2.25 pt like the other lines, but it is not. See photo below -  the first portion of the teal line is skinnier than the rest of the line. 

Screenshot 2023-12-05 151347.png

6 Replies

@mmcclimon 

What happens if you select the entire Baseline series (being careful not to select a single segment) and  change the line width to - say - 1 point, then back to 2.25 points?

Nope, that doesn't work either. If I change the width on the entire series, the already thicker line gets thicker and the skinny portion will increase in width as well, but they're still changing at different rates. If I enter "5pt" for the width, every portion of the line gets larger, but that first part still doesn't match.

@mmcclimon 

Could you make a copy of the workbook without sensitive data available via OneDrive, Google Drive or similar?

@Hans Vogelaar I've attached a link to a google drive version here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dyBfX7YQidah2Zu_813WUh1V0v4EyloA/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=10716...

If you select "Name 2" under the Baseline and Current slicers, the lines appear as the same width. However, if you select "Name 5" under both slicers, you'll see the width issue appear in the graphs. 

Thank you for your help.

best response confirmed by mmcclimon (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@mmcclimon 

Thanks - that is very helpful.

The issue occurs because the line is drawn at the very top of the plot area of the chart - there is no room to display the entire width.

If you set the maximum scale of the y-axis to a higher number than 10, for example to 11, you'll see that the line is fully displayed.

that did the trick, thanks so much!
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by mmcclimon (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@mmcclimon 

Thanks - that is very helpful.

The issue occurs because the line is drawn at the very top of the plot area of the chart - there is no room to display the entire width.

If you set the maximum scale of the y-axis to a higher number than 10, for example to 11, you'll see that the line is fully displayed.

View solution in original post