Orders to Invoices

Copper Contributor

Can you either give me some suggestions or point me to some possible YouTube videos for the following?

I'm trying to create a system in which I can enter multiple customer orders on the same day for less than 20 products and be able to generate an invoice for each one.  I have a good invoice already created, but am looking for something where I start with the orders, generate the invoice, and update the ledger.  I already do this with separate spreadsheets.  My current orders worksheet also generates a summary page for each order day that I use in creating labels and putting the orders together, but am looking for a way to only manually enter the orders and generate all the rest via macros and/or VB script.  Right now I'm in the process of developing series of VB lookups create the invoices for each customer, but am hoping there is an easier way.  I'm also in the process of combining all the spreadsheets into one spreadsheet with multiple tabs/workbooks.  Here's some of the tabs/workbooks I have already.  Customers, Orders, Products, Invoices, Labels, Ledger (income & expense), Order Summary.

My current order workbook has order date, customer, and the number of each of the products as identified in the column headers, with a hidden column that concatenates the order date and customer name that I then use in the invoice workbook with a series of VB Lookup formulas in listing all the products ordered without listing any duplicates, but that is still being put together.

Thanks in advance  this community is great!!  :)

2 Replies
Thanks for the info, but for now, I want design my own within Excel.