ORDER LINKED DATA

Copper Contributor

Hi! I have an issue and I dont know how to solve it... I have an Excel document with a lot of data and 10 pages with more data. That data of the rest of the pages are linked to the data of the main page, so whenever I change the data in the main page it automatically changes on the other pages. 

Well, so that data on the main page is ordered from the highest to lowest, but its also very volatile , so I have to update it frequently and set again the order froma hightest to lowest.

And here it's when the problem comes... When I set again the new order, the linked data on the other pages lose their references and it keeps the position linked on the main page instead of following the data they were linked to.

I know it's hard to explain, but I hope you guys could understand me, because this is being very frustrating for me.

Thank you!

1 Reply

@JorgeAmor My first thought is why maintain separate sheets? Especially when the data changes as frequently as you describe. Better to keep one master list and extract from that whatever sub-set of data is needed when it is needed.