Online Excel cells in color not transferring in copy/paste.

Copper Contributor

Hey all,

My company uses the web version of excel for reports with conditional formatting. We ask our people to copy this data and paste it in a email in outlook. Just this week it has start pasting without any of the formatting/colors. I have gone through several threads and none of their fixes has helped us. I will provide screen clips of some of our settings. I have noticed this is only an issue on the web version and not the desktop app version as it works fine there.

Formatting in Web Version of Excel

Screenshot 2023-07-06 094137.png

Editor Options Settings

Screenshot 2023-07-06 094324.png

Paste Options in Outlook with Example of Pasted copied cells with no formatting below it

Screenshot 2023-07-06 094420.png

Paste Special Options

Screenshot 2023-07-06 094532.png

1 Reply

@NickWilliams 

Definitely reproducible in my tenant. I received a ticket for this yesterday and closed it when I could not reproduce it using the excel desktop app. Wasn't informed that he was using the web app version through sharepoint. Figured the issue out this morning when he opened the ticket again and I actually had him walk me through his task. 

Tried using edge, chrome and firefox and the issue appears across all. 

Microsoft 365 MSO (Version 2304 Build 16.0.16327.20324) 64-bit

Since My users are sending these to others just to view I have them using the snipping tool for now. 

Just to add.. My user does this every day and did not start having this issue until yesterday 7/5/2023