Office365 Excel for Mac cannot open any Excel file (local, OneDrive, reopen created file...)

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I use Microsoft365 on my work Mac.

Excel cannot open any Excel file (local, OneDrive), even not able to reopen a simple, empty created file.

I have tried for 2 days to uninstall/reinstall with App Store or pkg, cleaning lots of MS data in ~/Library, nothing works.

I can open any of these files with Numbers though.

No error message, only that Excel tries to open the file and nothing happens, the window disappear but the app doesn't quit. I then clic on the Excel icon for the "Open" window to reappear.

Any way to get logs of Excel that would help to narrow the issue?

1 Reply

@patenoux 

This is mysterious, for sure. And your question may well  belong at another spot on the techcommunity space... let me ask, since you mention having Microsoft 365, that would seem to imply you have the rest of the Office Suite....do Word and PowerPoint operate normally? What other apps do you use that are part of the Office Suite of programs, and do they work as well?

If the problems are limited to Excel, this may be the right board. If not, you should look around for a board dealing with that larger context.