SOLVED

Office Scripts Automate Tab Missing

Copper Contributor

Having followed the guidance here, and allowed approx 72 hrs since enabling Office Scripts for users, I am still unable to see the automate tab in the ribbon or ribbon overflow in Excel. I am hoping to create a script that I can trigger from Power Automate, but am unable to as the tab does not appear.  

I have searched online and this forum, and have been unable to find a solution.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received. 

6 Replies

Hi @EvoNor 

It take sometime to get update. When I activated it took me couple of hours to get activated on my tenet. What is you business license ?

Regards, Faraz Shaikh | MCT, MIE, MOS Master, Excel Expert

If you find the above solution resolved your query don't forget mark as Official/Best Answer to help the other members find it more

@Faraz Shaikh 

I'm facing similar issues with our E3 developer subscription which is several years old. The Office Scripts setting seems to have been always on. 
I have personally signed up for a E5 developer account and I see that the feature is already turned on. 
However, in neither accounts, I do not see the Automate tab in Excel.

Turns out that Office Scripts is still in Dev and is only truly available to some Office Online accounts. This is according to Office support team.
best response confirmed by Grahmfs13 (Microsoft)

dear @Faraz Shaikh ,

I am using Business Basic license, does that include Office Script / Automate Tab feature on Excell Online? Thank you

@Rizaldaffans 

Not sure, my guess that's for enterprise subscriptions

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Grahmfs13 (Microsoft)