Number of pages printed is more than what is stated in print preview

Copper Contributor

Hi everyone

My job requires me to print Excel sheets but for some reason certain pages are not printing as they are shown in print preview. Print preview states that my document will be printed as one page but the actual printed document comes out on two pages. Even more infuriating, it cuts off the very final 0.5cm of the document and the remaining 0.5cm shows up on a second page. 

I have tried hiding and deleting rows, adjusting margins, page breaks, etc. but they haven't solved my problem. If anyone knows how I can get my documents printed on one page with the margins I want that would be great. When I tried printing the same exact document with the same exact settings from my colleagues' PCs and on different printers, there doesn't seem to be an issue. Just mine. 

1 Reply

@ldg1903 

Without an inserted file (with no sensitive data) to repeat the problem, it is difficult for a layperson like me to identify the focus of the problem. That is why I am sending you these suggested solutions that you could try out or help you further.

Suggested solution 1:

Set or clear a print area on a worksheet

If you print a specific selection on a worksheet frequently, you can define a print area that includes just that selection.

Suggested solution 2:

In the settings of Excel it is possible to adapt the page view as reading mode, web and print layout. The print layout is the side view, which itself serves as the print view. As the document can be seen with the text and the complete formatting (page breaks and margins), it is then printed.

Switch to full or normal screen view in Excel

Preview worksheet pages before you print

Hope I was able to help you with this info.

NikolinoDE

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

Was the answer useful? Mark them as helpful!

This will help all forum participants.