nth Largest value with conditions

Copper Contributor

Hi. I'm working with a data set from a game that contains player ability ratings, names, positions and a couple other values as well. I am able to get the nth values for each team, but would like to add a condition so that some positions don't appear too often when getting them, so it better reflects how a team would choose their team for a game. For example, the 20 largest values (rating) with a maximum of three players who play goalie. Thanks

7 Replies
Please attach your sample file with manually entered results.

@sportsdude413 

Hi

Some time ago I created a tutorial about finding the Nth. Highest or lowest value and be able to change the number with a spin button on the fly.

here is the link to my tutorial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQfWGB8z5EQ

Hope that helps

Nabil Mourad

@sportsdude413 

I cannot understand this part: 

"For example, the 20 largest values (rating) with a maximum of three players who play goalie."

Please clarify by manually entering your desired results so that I can decide on the appropriate formula for you to use.

@Twifoo Here's an updated version with the conditions I'd like to apply and two fake teams who violate the parameters

@sportsdude413 

I presume you want to return the results of Columns AS:AY. What's the logic for 80, 78, and 20 in AS4, AT4, and AX5, respectively?

@Twifoo

Yes, I would like to return those values if the conditions are violated in the top 20. Those values are less than the 20th place and wouldn't show just based on a LARGE formula