Novice Excel User

Copper Contributor
I want to create a formula were this conditions are met: If there is a date in a cell, then another cell displays "No Action - Advisor is Certified".
  • I would like this condition to be used in an entire column of cells
  • Can anyone help me?  I am good at copying a formula and making it fit my needs...but I can't come up with one on my own.  

I have tried:  IF>0, [@[MLC Education Benefits Action]]="No Action - Advisor is Certified") and I get an error message.  

Thanks in advance for the help.

Eva McGann

6 Replies

@Eva_McGann 

See the attached caption

Abiola1_0-1581102396754.png

Hello @Eva_McGann,

Assume your dates are in column A. Assume also that if there is no date, then the cell is blank. A formula for such assumptions would be:

=IF(ISBLANK(A1), "", "No Action - Advisor is Certified")

@Abiola1 

Thank you for responding.  This did not seem to work.  I have attached a picture of what the actual SS looks like.  I know it is hard to try and help someone online so I appreciate your efforts.  Excel picture.jpg

@Eva_McGann 

Hello, you may need to upload a sample workbook to get the best help or try out the formula below in cell U3?

=IF([@[MFC Education Coaching Plan Completed Date]]>1,"No Action - Advisory is Certfied","")

The formula will be copied down because of the structured reference feature in Tables

@Eva_McGann 

Eva, if you have only two options in MLC Education Benefit Action column, No Action and Escalate, when you may use in this column formula like

=IF([@[MFC Edication Coaching Plan Completed Date]]>1,
      "No Action - Advisory is Certfied",
      "Escalate - Advisory need a coaching"
    )

If there are more options, formula shall be updated with more expanded logic. You can't keep manually added text with one condition and change it by formula with another condition, at least without VBA programming.

@Sergei Baklan Thank you so much.  I am about to log off for the weekend but I appreciate your help.