Not sure how to ask this . . .

Copper Contributor

I've used Excel a long time, but never in a complex way.

I was diagnosed with diabetes recently, and am tracking my glucose numbers. Take a look at my spreadsheet and you'll see the information I'm tracking and what I'm asking. 

I want to summarize information for each day in four columns: fasting, high, low, and average. As you see in the spreadsheet, I don't have the same number of blood tests for each day. For instance, on the first several days I tested twice, and then I tested three times. I've jumped up my testing since, but it's not always the same number of times. 

I've been manually adjusting the formulas to calculate the high, low, and average for each day, and put them on the first row for that particular date. 

Here's my question:

Is it possible for Excel to automatically adjust the formula for each day, so whether I enter three readings or 5, the calculated high, low, and average are correct? I'm just not familiar enough with Excels more complex functions to know how to even try. 

2 Replies

@gplawhorn 

See the attached version. It allows for up to 24 tests per day. If you need more, you can adjust the formulas in row 2, then fill down.

That's fantastic, Hans, thank you so much!