No if then STOP

Copper Contributor

I have two pages that I am referencing between.  On the first page I have a list that constantly changes.  I have one cell that will have a number between 1 and 140, say cell V9. And 18 other cells ,E28:e36, that will have varying numbers related to the first cell.  On the second page I am trying to reference the first page to collect the entered numbers.  It has a row for each number 1-140 and the other 18 cells on the same row.  I can use an If then, with a circular reference, that way when V9 changes it will not update the other 18 cells after that, but there has to be a better way.  I know there is not an if then stop function, but is there a way to stop once the if then statement is true, and once it changes to keep the true number?  Any help would be appreciated.

4 Replies
Could you post a sample file to help explain what you are trying to achieve.

Thanks

Wyn

I am attaching a simple file to maybe help you understand what I trying to do.

Thanks, would you be able to explain a bit more about what you want the formula in column H of sheet 2 to do.

It sounds like you want to keep the result in a cell even after the source data changes? This isn't possible without copy pasting as values.

That's what I was afraid of.  I appreciate the help though.  Thank you.