New Power Query Enhancements: IntelliSense & Syntax coloring

Silver Contributor

Hi all,

One of the long-awaited features was recently added to Excel in the latest Office 365 update, which is the code completion (IntelliSense) and syntax coloring that was added in the Custom Column Editor and the Advanced Editor. In addition to other features in the Advanced Editor such as Display line numbers.

Power Query IntelliSense.png

Advanced Editor New Features.png

You can use these features if you have the latest Office 365 update:

Version 1908 (Build 11929.20254)

Regards

8 Replies

@Haytham Amairah , which channel is it? On Monthly Targeted it's from mid July starting from 1907.11901.20080, is it Monthly Channel now?

@Sergei Baklan

It's recently added the stable production channel (Monthly Channel) which is the intended channel when we just say Office 365.

Yep, it's been in the insider (Monthly Targeted) a while ago. but since the major Office 365 users are on the Monthly Channel, it is better to delay talking about it until it reaches the stable version.

@Haytham Amairah 

Great, thank you. The only reason I asked is to push tomorrow some people I'm working with and who are on Monthly Channel to check if they have the update. 

@Haytham Amairah I believe office release notes online list intellisense as out with v.1907 b.11901.20176.  maybe it did not happen.  S

"Code quickly with Power Query enhancements: Get to code completion quickly with auto-complete (intellisense) and syntax coloring. Easily discover functions, columns, and parameters, too."

@weav8060 

Build number means practically nothing, much more important on which channel are you.

@Haytham AmairahHi, i am unable to look up the enhancement, im 365 (2019) 2011 built 13426.20332, theres some way to activate it?

@Kstevenllm 

Are you on 365 or are you on 2019?

I'm a bit confused, because I purchased 365,but after the clean install, in excel says 2019.