SOLVED

New laptop has macros running like a slow sweeping demo mode?

Copper Contributor

I don't know if anyone could help with a simple tip with this issue?

I had no problem with an intel i3 4gb laptop swiftly running through my macros. I have now purchased an intel i5 8gb laptop that is very swift at everything except it runs the macro (like in slow motion) showing all the calculations, copies, pastes and scrolls etc. I am hoping there is an easy fix for this. The new laptop is much quicker at all other tasks except this?   Kind regards Dave

5 Replies
Sometimes the #referencing entries are in the columns / rows. Also a reference formulas in these columns castrates the pc. But you can no longer understand what actually happens in these columns / rows and macros if you can not run the sheet yourself. Since there are no other speed problems with you, the formulas in the spreadsheet would be my next starting point to localize the problem.
But as I said, it's just a guess that I'm making here.

I would be happy to find out if I could help.

Nikolino
I know I don't know anything (Socrates)
Lightening fast this morning, haven't a clue what the laptop fairies have done overnight but all good now.
best response confirmed by harwood66 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Then the clipboard in Excel was most likely full.
here is a link to delete.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/office/clear-the-clipboard-7afbf55f-d7d5-4096-87a0-eb17f821d321?...

Or delete with cmd
cmd / c "echo off | clip"

Nikolino

Thanks for your help
You're welcome, thanks for the feedback. If it helped, please mark the answer as correct, so others can also find out more.

Nikolino
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by harwood66 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Then the clipboard in Excel was most likely full.
here is a link to delete.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/office/clear-the-clipboard-7afbf55f-d7d5-4096-87a0-eb17f821d321?...

Or delete with cmd
cmd / c "echo off | clip"

Nikolino

View solution in original post