New Excel Error Message

Copper Contributor

Hello, from the past few days I have received this error message every time I start Microsoft Excel.

"OP Experimentation"

ERROR

Sorry, we can´t load this feature. Please make sure you have network and/or internet connectivity. Click "Retry" once you're back online.

Obviously I have internet connectivity.

18 Replies

@Joao_Teixeira 

Me too!

@EoinBairead any suggestions?

Same here !

Thanks for reporting this!

@Joao_Teixeira could you confirm Excel build# and if this instance is part of the Insiders program?

Hello @jargil My Build number is 13130.20000 and yes I am in the Insider Beta Channel.

The error stoped for a while, and then a few weeks ago showed again, only when excel starts... if I press cancel, never show again until a start excel again.

regards,

@Joao_Teixeira thank you for the info.

Could you confirm if you're still seeing this?

Hello @jargil yes, every time I start MS Excel...

@jargil 
Is there a way to get rid of the OP Experimentation error message? Thank you.

I did not expect this to happen in any recent Excel builds. Could you confirm which build you have and if you're in the Insiders program?

@jargil 
This issue is new to me. First time it appears is about 10 days ago.
Yes, I'm in the Insider program.
My Excel build is 13231.20360.
Thanks.
Hélène

@jargil 

OP Experimentation error message

I have this too. Intermittent for last week or two. 

My build is 13406.20000 and am signed up for Beta Channel.

I have had regular problem with my One Drive account messing up my files and have had to switch off. Also, get "Word could not create the work file. Check the temp environment variable." when I select Word documents in File Explorer.

@jargil 

My build version is 13406.20000 Click-to-Run... office insider.

Its not frequent but some times still apears... I belive is due to some Add-Ins... Excel Add-Ins.

Would one of you be able to capture a WinDbg Time Travel Trace and share it with me? I expected this to be fixed by now so I'd really like to get to what/how this happening.

@jargil
And what is a WinDbg Time Travel Trace?
How do I get that?

@jargil 

In my case it appeared one time on 13406, but I was not able to reproduce. Now I'm on 13408, will try to give more info if see it again.

Thank you everyone. If you figure when this happens, sharing a set of repro steps will also be super helpful.

@Amandine999 - I'm hoping that one of the folks reproducing this problem is able to capture one of these traces and share with me (we can discuss how to share it, but first I want to find if capturing it is possible):
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/debugger/time-travel-debugging-record

Thanks again everyone for your feedback.

@jargil 

Amandine999_0-1602616340600.png

and then:

Amandine999_1-1602616368297.png

So many files. How do I know which one to execute ??

I just started getting this error in the last couple of days after the most recent update (I am on the Slow Channel preview of Microsoft 365). Any solution on how to deal with it?