New Data Types only showing stocks

Copper Contributor

I've been having the issue for a while now. It was half fixed but never heard an update for the rest.

I have seen the new upcoming Wolfram Alpha data types coming and would really love to have a try with it when it's released.

The reason why I'm saying this is because it took me a long long time to even see the new Stock data type. The geography still is not showing up there. I have the Office 365 Proplus (or soon to be enterprise). Did anyone experience similar issues?

I'm on the monthly targeted channel.

4 Replies
Have you registered for the Insider program and enabled it in Office?

@Steven Correy 

For Monthly (Targeted) new data types are working for a long while, at least on English SKU.

By the way, where did you find an info about Wolfram Alpha data types in Excel?

@Sergei Baklan 

sorry I somehow did not get a notification when you sent the message. 

I only have the stock enabled. I raised a query to the Microsoft team a while ago and they fixed it for me. I was able to use the feature when in Europe but the moment I got back to Hong Kong it was gone. So there must be some sort of Geo block.

I heard about the Wolfram Alpha through one of the Excel MVP on Linkedin, I really want to play with the food data type, could be a good fun building diet model.

@Steven Correy 

You may check that here Excel Product Team FY20 Goals . I'm not sure if Wolfram Alpha data types will be available to everyone for free, will see.