Nested Loop

Copper Contributor

Hi,  I am trying to do a nested Loop with a Do Until and a While.  See attached.  

when starting the loop it ignores the outside loop but do the inside loop perfectly.   

Outside loop to be done for every name while the inside loop do the name for a specified amount of times.

Please help 

3 Replies

@Neels13286 

If order isn't important, and assuming your names are in B4:B7, number of tickets is in Column H, and you want the list to start in O3 (change ranges as needed), then you could try:

Sub test()
     Dim cell As Range
     Dim dest As Range

Set dest = Range("O3")

For Each cell In Range("B4:B7")
          If Len(dest.Value) > 0 Then
               Set dest = Cells(Rows.Count, dest.Column).End(xlUp)(2, 1)
          End If

dest.Resize(Intersect(cell.EntireRow, Range("H:H")).Value, 1).Value = cell.Value

Next cell

End Sub

@JMB17 

Thanks for your help.  It works perfectly.  I just had to remove the "end if" statement.  It presented a compile error " End If without block If " 

In your answer, how did you tell the system to dublicate the name eg 7 times ?  I don't get that part of the makro.

Regards

By resizing the range: destCell.Resize(rowsize, colsize) where rowsize equals the value that is in Column H. Excel can read/write a block of cells at once - it's Range("O3:O9").Value = "Name" instead of doing one cell at a time.