Nested IF Functions

Copper Contributor

Good Evening,

I am doing my homework and I'm stuck on how to do a nested IF function. 

Here is the problem:

Many of the special staff teams require leadership training, which is offered to staff with more than 1 year of service at Camp Bright Firewood. Dean wants to identify the staff members eligible for leadership training in the table.

In cell M2, enter a formula using a nested IF function and structured references to determine first if a staff member already has completed leadership training, and if not, whether that staff member is eligible for leadership training.

a.If the value of the Leadership Training column is equal to the text “Yes”, the formula should return the text Completed. Remember to use a structured reference to the Leadership Training column.

b.If the value of the Leadership Training column is not equal to yes, the formula should determine if the value in the Service Years column is greater than 1.

c.The formula should return the text Yes if the staff member’s Service Years value is greater than 1.

d.The formula should return the text No if the staff member’s Service Years value is not greater than 1.

I was able to do A but I'm stuck on the other problems. How would I do this nested IF function?

Please help?

Here's a screen shot.

0 Replies