Need your help to create a formula to capture active employees for a particular time period

Copper Contributor

Hi Folks,

I need your help. Here is the scenario - I have created a dashboard for official purpose and it's graphs and charts are being created with the help of pivot tables which are linked to master data sheet. I wish to make it 100% interactive one. Now challenge here is I do want to give an option in the dashboard main page with the help of slicer or timeline in such a way that it should pick up all existing employees details for a particular period of time (could be back dated) or until a time period since the beginning. My guess is we would need to create a formula in excel master data sheet and it needs to be linked to pivot tables. Time period can be monthly and quarterly for 5 years data. I am a rookie and looking forward for help from experts to create the formula. 

Thanks in advance!Capture.PNG

1 Reply
You've had a fair number (42) of views, but zero replies. I suspect it's because you've given us too little to work with. Is it possible for you to attach a copy of the workbook that you are working with, just replacing any names of real people (or other identifiers) with the names of fictitious characters?

Part of the reason for that request is that seeing how your basic data is organized can be very helpful, but also just the basic reason that without working with some resemblance of what you're actually working with, we would have to guess or create our own.