Need to return entire rows from based on two critieria

Copper Contributor

I have one dataset on a worksheet with around 20 columns and hundreds of rows. I need a formula that can return entire rows based on two criteria: name (first and surname) and date (on an "on or before") to a separate worksheet. 

FOR EXAMPLE: In the attached Sample Data file, how would one return all rows where John Doe is the assigned "Point of Contact" (Column E), where the "Last Status Update" (Column A) was before 24/09/2020? I would like to return the results in to a seperate worksheet, labelled "John Doe".

I have been playing around with a combination of Index and Match functions, but to no avail. Can anyone help here?

3 Replies

@conor1797 

If I may recommend, send the file - workbook / worksheet (without sensitive data) with the problem. Explain your problem based on this file.

This would also be a blessing for all of us, as we can understand the problem much better and you can have a fast and good Solution proposal, a win-win situation for everyone.

Welcome to your Excel discussion space!

Thank you for your understanding and patience

Nikolino

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

Hi @NikolinoDE thank you for your response. I have added a Sample Data file to the original post.

@conor1797 

Here's an approach with pivot.

I'm not sure if this fits into your plan.

If not, please let me know.

Thank you for your patience and time.

Nikolino

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)