Need to make my Excel scroll table show all filter options

Copper Contributor

I have created a scrollable table in Excel. I formatted the range to a table so that I could have a slicer, but the slicer only shows filters for the first 10 rows of data and not the entire table. Is there a way to adjust the settings? Or should I be using some type of VBA/Macro?

me help.JPG

1 Reply

@tm37dBF 

If your slicer is only showing filters for the first 10 rows of data in your scrollable table, it’s possible that the slicer is not correctly connected to the entire table.

To fix this issue, you can try the following steps:

1. Select the slicer and go to the “Options” tab in the ribbon.
  2. In the “Slicer” group, click on the “Report Connections” button.
  3. In the “Report Connections” dialog box, make sure that the checkbox next to your table is checked. If it’s not checked, check it and click on “OK”.

This should connect the slicer to your entire table and show all filter options.

If this doesn’t work, you can try using a VBA macro to refresh the slicer and update its filter options. Here’s an example of a VBA macro that refreshes all slicers in a workbook:

Sub RefreshAllSlicers()
    Dim cache As SlicerCache
    For Each cache In ThisWorkbook.SlicerCaches
        cache.ClearManualFilter
    Next cache
End Sub

You can run this macro by pressing Alt+F8 to open the “Macro” dialog box, selecting the macro from the list, and clicking on “Run”. This should refresh all slicers in your workbook and update their filter options.

I hope this helps!