SOLVED

Need to calculate frequency from distinct values using formulas or functions

Copper Contributor

Hi!

Test.png

I'm new to excel and have not received any formal training. I'm working on a report but am stuck even before we begin. The report is dynamic and I hope to add data into the Sheet named "Details" and expect the results to update on the Sheet named "Overview" as and when that happens. (Excel File Attached)

I need to:

• Count the number of official and unofficial meetings that took place in a given venue.
  • Count the number of people that attended the meeting.
  • Count the frequency of attendance of each individual. (If possible, I'd like the names also to be updated automatically as I update "Details")
  • Count the gap between each attendance if an individual has appeared more than once.

I'm sorry if I'm asking for too much.

Thanks in advance!

- James

1 Reply
best response confirmed by James_Raju (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@James_Raju I am not totally sure what some of your columns are for, but I've done what I can in the attached.  This uses Office 365 dynamic arrays as much as possible to increase automatic updating.  I also converted your data into an Excel Table with Ctrl T so that new rows are automatically included.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by James_Raju (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@James_Raju I am not totally sure what some of your columns are for, but I've done what I can in the attached.  This uses Office 365 dynamic arrays as much as possible to increase automatic updating.  I also converted your data into an Excel Table with Ctrl T so that new rows are automatically included.

View solution in original post