Need to calculate a Bell Type Curve Across a line of data

Copper Contributor

I have data points across a period: 2/1/2021 - 6/1/2021. The Amount for each week during this period is 6.91. There are a total of 22 weeks, 22*6.91=152.

I want to create a bell curve and the underlying data. Rather than. Than the flat line that it is, 6.91 for each period, I want to have Most of the Amount 75% of the way into the timeline. Period 1 should be zero and Period 22 should be zero. 

What function/formula would I utilize in order to accomplish this? The end result intent is a Bell Curve, but the data is a flat line, it is always: 6.91  

I'm looking for something similar to the following below - there could be any different number of periods, and the amount won't necessarily be 6.91 always, but the amount will be fixed across the periods and we want to conform that data so that most of that Amount is bunched up similar to what is noted below in green.

bell.png

1 Reply

@vsslasd 

Use a histogram. 

Then if your histogram has the bell-curve feature with a mean m and std of s then apply this formula on values that are 3s below your average to 3s over your average

=norm.dist(x,m,s,0)

see the example