SOLVED

Need help with scoring a questionaire and if statements please.

Copper Contributor

Good day Gurus,

I am trying to create an "IF" formula for scoring a questionaire, and not figuring it out.

I have a 10 question survey, 4 answers possible, yet the scoring gets confusing:

Items 1, 3, 4, 7, 10  scored. 4 point, 3 points, 2 points, and  1 points. 

Items 2, 5, 6, 8, 9 are reverse scored. 1 point, 2 points, 3 points, and  4 points. 

Then I add the scores, that part I know how.  Thank you for your help.

3 Replies
best response confirmed by Hans Vogelaar (MVP)
Solution

@Blujason 

=INDEX(B2:E2,,MATCH(F2,COLUMN(B:E)-1,0))

If you want to add the points for the actual answers you can try above formula. Enter the formula with ctrl+shift+enter if you don't work with Office365 or 2021. There should be a single formula to calculate the points total but i can't figure it out at the moment.

=IF(OR(A2={1,3,4,7,10}),IF(F2=1,4,IF(F2=2,3,IF(F2=3,2,1))),IF(OR(A2={2,5,6,8,9}),IF(F2=1,1,IF(F2=2,2,IF(F2=3,3,4)))))

The IF formula works as well in my spreadsheet.

Thank you so very much, I was beating my head against the wall trying to figure it out. I forgot I needed multiple if statements. Thank you a million times!
I need help with a formula if anyone can help with prioritization scoring

If 1=compliant, 5+ non compliant - it needs to return the score eg 1 or 5

1+no, 5= yes

Appreciate any help, thanks

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Hans Vogelaar (MVP)
Solution

@Blujason 

=INDEX(B2:E2,,MATCH(F2,COLUMN(B:E)-1,0))

If you want to add the points for the actual answers you can try above formula. Enter the formula with ctrl+shift+enter if you don't work with Office365 or 2021. There should be a single formula to calculate the points total but i can't figure it out at the moment.

=IF(OR(A2={1,3,4,7,10}),IF(F2=1,4,IF(F2=2,3,IF(F2=3,2,1))),IF(OR(A2={2,5,6,8,9}),IF(F2=1,1,IF(F2=2,2,IF(F2=3,3,4)))))

The IF formula works as well in my spreadsheet.

View solution in original post