Need Help with making a exponential growth chart/graph based off data in cells

Copper Contributor

For some reason, I can't figure out how to make a graph/chart in excel based off the data I have for cells B4:B9 and D4:D9. I want the year on the X-Axis and population on the Y-Axis. 

Can anyone help me? Need help so I can have this done tomorrow for homework!!! 

Data inserted on left from A1:A9 to G1:G9Data inserted on left from A1:A9 to G1:G9

4 Replies

@Legionidus Now, I usually don't do homework when posted here, but I assume that your assignment is not about learning Excel. So, this time I'll make an exception. Perhaps you mean a graph like this?

Screenshot 2021-11-10 at 06.58.55.png

See attached. 

@Riny_van_Eekelen Yes. A graph like the one you have created. This is not for learning excel, but for a biology class. I see the attached file. I did not know that you had to do it by years consecutively. Thanks for the help with this. Is there another way to do it with the years I have just there and without having to make it consecutive years? Or is that not possible? Just asking to see if it's possible.

@Legionidus You could have done that, but since you first year is before 1900, you need to do it like this.  Excel can't deal with dates before January 1, 1900. I'm not aware of any other way to create such a chart.