Need help with Formulas

Copper Contributor

Hi am creating annual review docs for patient numbers and could just do with a little help in creating a formula. we have wards with 3 shifts x 365 days of the year and I need to generate a figure for each status of wellbeing in each ward.  we have 5475 line of info across 5 different status types so in column B status (SNCT 0; SNCT 1a; SNCT 1b;SNCT 2 & SNCT 3. and then column G count of patients.  I need to create a little table giving the total number of patients on all three shifts across 365 days and I then need  a sub total for each status snct 0 - 1a - 1b - 2 & 3.  Each status has 1095 lines out of the 5475 lines except in a leap year when it 1098.  Currently we have to filter each status type, auto sum column G and then repeat 5 times for each of 180 wards.  I need to have a formula that says if column B = SNCT 01 then give me a sub total for all all the 1095 cells in column G. Any help gratefully received. 

1 Reply

@michaelfarmer 

Take a look at pivot tables. They let you slice and dice information in various ways.