Need help with Formula

Copper Contributor

I am attempting to pull data dates from the data sheet onto the Region sheet based on the last meeting date on the data sheet.

I am only moderately familiar with writing formulas and that is why I am reaching out for help.

So, more more detail about the formula that I am trying to figure out.

Lets say for the date range on the Region sheet 1/1/21-1/31/21. If the Person ID from the Region Sheet matches the Person ID from the data Sheet, I would want the date that is between 1/1-1/31 input into the box next to that Person ID and between those date ranges automatically filled into the Region sheet as the data is placed on the Data Sheet as seen on the Region Page image below. 

9 Replies

@Icemank83 

There is a big error in Table4: Thousands of empty rows.

In F1:

=TEXT(F3,"YYYYMM")

In F5:

=FILTER(Table4[Last Meeting Date],(Table4[Person Id]=$B5)*(TEXT(Table4[Last Meeting Date],"YYYYMM")=F$1),"")

There are so many empty rows, because there will be tons of data input into the table through the course of the year. Should those be deleted?
I tried the formula above, I got the output of 1/0/00
I changed my reply.
Yes. A table must not contain empty rows. If there will be new data you have to append it to the table.
Okay, got that. When there are multiples of the same date coming up, how do you keep the data from spilling into the next row. Is the only way to delete the repeat data?
You didn't mention this fact before.
If there are four dates in the result would you get the first, the last, the smallest, the largest or all of them in one cell?

@Detlef LewinSorry about that, because the dates end up being the same, I do not know which one is ending up in the actual cell.

If the dates are always identical put MIN() or MAX() around the formula.