SOLVED

Need help with formula as not sure what am doing wrong

Copper Contributor

Could someone help please? The formula for column I is

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(H11,$Y$10:$Z$34,2,FALSE)),"",(VLOOKUP(H11,$Y$10:$Z$34,2,FALSE)))

What I need and am struggling to work out is I need Column J to auto populate with text from AB10 through AB34 when column I auto populates.

To make it even worse, I also need coloumn E to auto populate with text from AB39 through AB43 when column I auto populates.

Stephen010_0-1621603574181.png

7 Replies
The screen capture is very small. If you're able to upload the workbook (even w/dummy data), I can take a look. Thank you.

[.... deleted by me ....]

Sorry, I misread your original posting.  You clearly wrote:  ``The formula for column I is =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(H11,$Y$10:$Z$34,2,FALSE)) ....``

@Patrick2788 I kept getting the page to register again while trying to login so now responding with Stephen010610.

Anyway, table attached.

@Joe User thanks for your reply, I am responding as Stephen010610 as when I tried to login, all I got was the register page. anyway table attached.

best response confirmed by allyreckerman (Microsoft)
Solution

@Stephen010 

As variant

in J
=IFNA(VLOOKUP($I11,$Z$10:$AB$34,3,0),"")

in E
=IFNA(LOOKUP($H11,{0,4,8,15,21},$AB$38:$AB$42),"")

@Sergei Baklan Hi Sergei, thanks for the reply. Unfortunately the formula provided for J did not work but the formula for E did work. Then I thought what if I recalculate the formula for J along similar lines to E but change the cell letter/number, and it worked so thanks for your assistance, my problem has been resolved.

Stephen

@Stephen010610 

Stephen, glad to know you sorted this out, thank you for the feedback.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by allyreckerman (Microsoft)
Solution

@Stephen010 

As variant

in J
=IFNA(VLOOKUP($I11,$Z$10:$AB$34,3,0),"")

in E
=IFNA(LOOKUP($H11,{0,4,8,15,21},$AB$38:$AB$42),"")

View solution in original post