Need help with an OFFSET formula applying to a block of rows

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I'm attempting to apply a formula to 4 cells in a column, then have it apply the same formula to 4 more cells nth rows below repeating. I've attempted to use OFFSET for this method, but I'm currently lost.

Thank you

7 Replies
can u pls share the file?

@bhushan_z In the Transformations sheet I am attempting to move the first 4 values from column L to column M, then 14 rows below, those 4 values, etc. They are the Lysate values from sheet Input, column M. I have not included the formula I wish to apply to those values yet, I just want them organized in a column so that I may call them readily. Thank you

@Jacob_Afelskie 

Not sure I understood your logic correctly

to move the first 4 values from column L to column M,

to move or to copy?

then 14 rows below, those 4 values, etc.

4 values in column L starting from next 14 copy to column M next position to previous 4?

Anyway, formula could be

=INDEX(L:L,INT((ROW()-ROW($M$2)-1)/4)*14+MOD(ROW()-ROW($M$2)-1,4)+ROW($M$2)+1)

@Sergei Baklan Thank you, apologies. I meant, to copy the first 4 values from column L to M, then 14 rows below the 4th value, copy those 4 values to column M, then 14 rows below that 4th value, copy those 4 values, continuing down the column until all of the values in those positions have been copied from column L to M.

I appreciate the reply, cheers.

@Jacob_Afelskie 

Thank you for the clarification. Previous formula started from each 14th row. If skip 14 rows after each 4th like here

image.png

when

=INDEX(T:T,INT((ROW()-ROW($M$2)-1)/4)*18+MOD(ROW()-ROW($M$2)-1,4)+ROW($M$2)+1)

If skip 13 rows, change 18 on 17 in the formula.

@Sergei Baklan Thank you very much for your help.